The President of the United States said so just yesterday and of course a couple of FWIW readers have chimed in here vowing the same thing, repeatedly – who, us? Thursday, the Connecticut Action Against Gun Violence (CAGV) demonstrated in Hartford demanding adoption of their agenda and, thanks to Fly Angler, here’s what’s being proposed, from their own press release:
The proposal put forth by CAGV is unique in that it does not grandfather existing weapons; it requires that all weapons defined by law as assault weapons must be destroyed, turned in to law enforcement, or removed from Connecticut; and large capacity ammunition magazines of more than 7 rounds are to be destroyed, turned in to law enforcement, or removed from the state.
Connecticut Against Gun Violence proposes legislation in Connecticut that will:
- 1 Strengthen the assault weapons ban by requiring that all weapons having military features be banned and that existing weapons defined as assault weapons be destroyed, turned in to law enforcement or removed from the state.
- Ban large capacity ammunition magazines of more than 7 rounds and that existing magazines of more than 7 rounds be destroyed, turned in to law enforcement, or removed from the state. New York State has just adopted law that established the 7- round limit.
- Require permits and universal background checks on ALL sales and transfers of guns, including long guns.
- Require registration of handguns with annual renewal. Require: annual fee and annual background check for all handguns owned; require that the owner stipulate that the guns are still in their possession or explain how the gun was transferred to another person; require safety inspection every three years.
- Make gun owners liable for negligent storage if any person gains access to firearms and injures himself or another person or causes damage to property. The violation would be a Class D felony.
- Ban the right of way for transportation of firearms and ammunition bought over the Internet.
- Tax ammunition sales and require a license/permit to purchase any gun or ammunition.
- Restrict handgun sales to one gun/month.
- These aren’t all going to be enacted in this current legislative session, I hope, but it’s useful to see what they have planned. As I’ve said before, the regressives are patient and will be satisfied with small steps as long as they keep moving toward their ultimate goal. Even these proposals, in fact, are merely a prelude to complete confiscation and the disarming of citizens. ObamaKare-to-national health care is another example, but the best example, because it shows how long range the regressive’s planning extends, is the destruction of our education system – Outcome Based Education, with its group indoctrination, disparagement of individual achievement and the systematic attack on our constitution and the values our country were founded on started decades ago and is only now reaching fruition as its first kindergarten targets have grown up and become teachers themselves, thus assuring that the brainwashing continues.