Board of Ed meeting, Greenwich High School auditorium, 7:00 PM (sounds like the fun should kick off around 7:30).
Questions to ask:
1. In addition to the 100-150 students enrolled illegally in our grammar schools, how many are in our middle and high schools?
2. How much are we paying the staffer responsible for enforcing residency requirements and how soon can he be fired?
3. This past June, Dr. McKersie, you stated that no more than one or two students were in our schools who shouldn’t be there, and you resisted the demand that you verify students’ residency, saying such a process would be annoying to parents and would produce no useful information. On what basis did you make that estimate? What data were you relying on?
4. What happens to students who haven’t met the residency verification by the new, extended dateline of October 1st? Will they be barred from entering the schools on that date and if not, why not?
5. How many cases of false residency claims do you expect to turn over to the police for prosecution?
6. What is the status of the legal opinion on the constitutionality of Connecticut’s racial balance law, an opinion that was ordered June 26th. Where is that opinion and why haven’t you released its findings to the public?
7. Will you shave your armpits and don an orange robe when Miss Ramadamadingdong Tamm joins you on the podium November 2nd?